Regenerative braking is not appropriate for bicycles at this time. While some products advertise this feature, on inspection, you will find that it increases weight, complexity and cost, and the amount of energy recovered is usually less than 10%. Perhaps in five years’ time technology will be improved to make this a useful feature.
Articles in this section
- Power Save Mode
- Do I need to remove the battery to charge it?
- Battery compatibility
- Where do I buy a new battery?
- How do I know how much power is left in the battery?
- Can the battery self-recharge during use?
- How much will Gocycle cost to charge?
- How much will Gocycle cost for a 30-mile commute with relaxed pedalling input?
- How do I know when the battery is fully charged?
- Will the battery get hot?