The Gocycle Front pannier is compatible with the Gocycle G2, G3 and GS.
It has a carrying volume/capacity of 24 litres and a maximum carrying weight of 8kg.
To attach the Front Pannier
- Firstly, slide the mounting bracket over the stem. On G2 and G3 the bracket must be fitted over the height adjuster bolt which is just beneath the stem boot. On GS the Pannier bracket must be fitted over the feature on the stem.
- Locate the latch, which is stored in the left pocket, into the hooks on the back of the pannier.
- Push the latch down towards the handlebar stem until it is fully closed.
To remove the Front Pannier
- While holding the pannier handle, lift the latch from the hooks and remove the pannier from the Gocycle.
Using the included shoulder strap
There is a shoulder strap included in the top pocket of the pannier. This is attaches to the two eyelets on the front and back of the pannier. For comfort while carrying the pannier rotate the mounting bracket upwards.
When riding the Gocycle do not store the shoulder strap on the exterior. The shoulder strap should be detached and stored securely inside the Gocycle front pannier.
If your Gocycle G2 is fitted with an integrated light kit, then you will need to fit a low height light bracket which is included with the pannier.
Adjusting the Pannier Latch
From time to time you may need to adjust the tension of the hooks on the front pannier.
The latch should feel tight from around 45 degrees below the horizontal. If it is greater or smaller than this the pannier will need to be adjusted.
To adjust the pannier remove the pannier from the Gocycle and open the hinged mounting bracket. Using a 4mm Hex key, adjust the tension of the Hooks.
- If the hooks are too tight then turn each of the bolts a ½ turn anticlockwise.
- If the hooks are too loose turn each of the bolts ½ turn clockwise.
Both bolts must be adjusted equally to provide even tension when closing the latch
After adjusting the tension of the hooks attach the pannier and check when the angle feels tight.