Buying a used Gocycle may get you a good deal, but remember if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.
Some platforms for buying second hand goods give you more security than others but there are a number of things you can check with the seller in order to check if it is a legitimate sale.
You should ask for the 6-digit Gocycle frame number located on the large black sticker on the Cleandrive®. With this you should then contact Gocycle to confirm that it is not listed on our stolen Gocycle register. Like with many other products of its kind, you should ask for service history and any part replacements during its lifetime. The owner should also be able to give you an accurate mileage of the bike and place of purchase. Please note if the Gocycle is not on our stolen register, that does not mean it is not stolen. It could mean that the original owner has not notified us that the Gocycle has been stolen, or our anti-theft counter measures have not yet notified us.
If the Gocycle does not come with an official Gocycle charger, chances are it is stolen.
We would always recommend to be careful when buying used products and here are some do's and don'ts;
- Buy from an authorised Gocycle Dealer or us directly
- Buy from the original owner
- Ask if the seller is the original owner
- Ask to see the original purchase receipt
- Make sure, it is being sold with a charger, compatible with the model of Gocycle being sold. Gocycle offered without a charger are likely stolen products
- Before purchasing the Gocycle, ask the seller for the frame number of the Gocycle (ideally ask for a picture) - we do keep a stolen register of Gocycles in our database and can cross-check this for you. As we only know about stolen products, if the owner notifies us, this database might not be complete.
- Make a test ride to ensure, the product is working
- If possible, pay by credit card
- Get a receipt
- If possible, avoid paying with cash
- Don't buy when the price is too low - from experience: if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!
- Don't buy if it does not come with a charger
- Don't buy if it is damaged
If you want to make contact with us to check a specific frame number, complete our contact form here.
Gocycle Ex-Demo Model Sale
From time to time we receive ex-demonstration models here at Gocycle HQ. These models are assessed and prepared by our technicians and listed on the ex-demo section on our Gocycle webstore. All models come with a 1 year warranty from the date of purchase.