This article covers:
How do I charge the Gocycle battery?
Gocycle G2, G3 (all models), GS:
Gocycle GX, GXi, G4 and G4i:
- You must charge your Gocycle by following the Correct Charging Procedure. This is outlined in the Owner's Manual.
- Only use an official Gocycle charger to charge your Gocycle. Using aftermarket chargers may damage your battery and void your warranty.
- Do not charge your Gocycle for longer than 24 hours. Doing so may damage your battery and void your warranty.
- Only charge the battery in an environment with ambient temperatures between 5°C and 40°C (41°F and 104°F) and a humidity of 45% to 85% RH.
- Do not charge the battery if it is below 5°C (41°F)
- Do not leave the battery unattended whilst charging
How often should I charge the battery?
You can view full details of the best practices for battery charging in the Gocycle Owner’s Manual. We recommend charging your Gocycle after a ride and, once charged, unplugging the Gocycle from the charger and turning off the Gocycle to conserve battery power. It is NOT recommended to leave your Gocycle on charge for more than 24 hours.
How do you know how much charge is left in the battery?
For Gocycles with a handlebar dash display, this will indicate the charge level of the battery. You can also see the battery charge level in the GocycleConnect App. If the battery is out of the frame, you can check the battery charge level using the button on the end of the battery:
GX, GXi, G4 and G4i
- Turn on the battery as normal
- Tap the button on the end of the battery
- The 4 LEDs will light up, indicating the charge status - 4 LEDs = full charge
G3, G2 and GS
Press the button on the rear of the Gocycle above the charger port. There are 4 LEDs above the button. Each LED represents 25% of the charge state. for example, 3 LEDs represents 75% charge.
Do you need to remove the battery from the frame to charge it?
GX, GXi, G4 and G4i
The battery can be charged either in the frame or it can be removed and can be charged away from the frame.
G2, G3 (all models), GS
No, It is not necessary to remove the Gocycle lithium ion battery for charging. We do not recommend removing the Gocycle lithium ion battery from the frame, unless with assistance from your dealer or if instructed by Gocycle Technical Support.
How much will the Gocycle cost to charge?
The charging cost of the battery is equal to having a 100-125W light bulb on for 3 hours.
Do you need a new battery for your Gocycle?
You can purchase a new / replacement battery at our Gocycle webstore.