What is the range of the battery?
The maximum battery range is up to 40 miles* (64 km) for GS, GX and G4 models. The range for GXi, G3C and G4i is up to 50 miles* (80 km).
*The maximum range was tested with the Gocycle in Eco mode with minimal hills. The range can vary depending on your pedal input and other factors including type of terrain, rider weight, tyre pressure etc.
Tips for maximising your range
Gocycle’s electric motor is designed to boost performance in terms of getting you from point A to
point B more quickly and with less effort. It is not designed for the motor power to be the sole means of propulsion.
As with a car, top speed and range (related to fuel consumption) are difficult to define as both factors are greatly affected by a large number of variables. For the Gocycle, this is including but not limited to rider weight (including clothing and luggage), tyre type, tyre pressure, terrain, surface texture, wind conditions and of course, how much pedal input the rider is providing.
To get the best out of your Gocycle, read carefully the following points:
1. Pedalling: We recommend that for the best performance you continue to pedal at all times. The
motor should be used to “top-up” or “boost” power. Not providing pedal input (when a riding mode allows) will dramatically reduce battery range.
2. Excess weight: Where possible, try to keep the total combined weight of clothing, luggage and
accessories to a minimum. Overloading a Gocycle will reduce the battery range. Overloading will also affect your Gocycle’s handling and increase the stresses on the clutch, gearbox and motor, potentially reducing the service life of the product.
3. Tyres: Ensure the tyres are correctly inflated. See What are the recommended tyre pressures?
4. Riding style: Where rough terrains (e.g., poor road surfaces, potholes, speed bumps, etc.) are
unavoidable, you should adapt your riding style accordingly.
5. Deceleration/braking: Do not use motor power whilst decelerating or braking. Consciously
using the motor assistance only when required will ensure the maximum possible battery range.
6. Energy consumption meter: Pay attention to your energy consumption meter. Whilst riding,
when the motor is in operation, the power usage is interactively displayed in place of the
battery charge level. The higher the number of LEDs displayed, the more power is being used
by the motor and the faster your battery will drain.
7. Wet conditions: Gocycle is a British product, designed with British weather in mind. However,
it is important that your Gocycle is dry before storage. A city atmosphere can be a corrosive
environment made worse with high humidity. We recommend a simple check and towel down
(if necessary) after using your Gocycle in wet conditions. Washing your Gocycle
8. Cold weather conditions: If the outside temperature is less than 15°C (59°F), you may start to experience a drop in power and range. At 0°C (32°F) and below, you may even experience less than 50% power and range. The battery warms up during use. We advise use the motor gently at the start of your ride. This allows the battery to warm up decreasing the resistance of the battery. The battery will not permanently be damaged by cold weather; it is only a temporary effect. If using your Gocycle in a cold climate, for best performance we advise that you store and charge the Gocycle indoors. The battery will only charge between 5°C - 40°C (41°F-104°F). For more information see Preparing your Gocycle for Winter