Products affected: Gocycle G2; all frame numbers
In addition to the proper charging sequence, see Tech Bulletin 8, June 2014, there is further information concerning the Gocycle lithium battery, detailed within the Gocycle Owner’s Manual, that we must remind you of. Please ensure that you have read and understand fully the chapter in the Gocycle Owner’s Manual, “Important Information: Lithium-Ion Batteries”, which states; The following important information applies to your Gocycle lithium battery. Read carefully to ensure the proper and safe operation and storage of the battery.
- Your battery has been designed for use only with a generation-two (G2) Gocycle. Do not use the battery with any other product.
- Your battery is intended to remain within the Gocycle frame at all times and should be removed only by a Gocycle-approved service centre or with the assistance and approval of a Gocycle technical support executive.
- Do not short circuit, disassemble, damage or modify the battery.
- Do not expose the battery to fire or high temperatures over 40°C (104°F).
- Do not expose the battery to water or moisture. Water can corrode or damage the internal battery safety devices and cause the battery to overheat, ignite, rupture or leak.
- Do not drop or subject the battery to strong impacts. Impacts can damage the internal battery safety devices and cause the battery to overheat, ignite, rupture or leak.
- Only use the specified charger. An inappropriate charger may cause damage or injury through fire or electric shock.
- Do not leave the battery unattended whilst charging.
- Only use, charge or store the battery in an environment with ambient temperatures between 0°C and 40°C (32°F and 104°F) and a humidity of 45% to 85% RH.
Read and fully understand the important information regarding litium ion batteries detailed in your Gocycle Owner’s Manual and in this Technical Bulletin.
Can I Continue to Ride my Gocycle?
Yes. Following the correct information concerning your Gocycle’s lithium ion battery will ensure best performance of your Gocycle and Gocycle battery.