Products potentially affected: all frame numbers
- Firmware improved
- General improvements to the running of the Gocycle firmware and app interface.
- Adaptive Drive Control improved to include Traction Control
- The Gocycle G2 drive control software (firmware) is a sophisticated programme that manages power delivery to the motor based on rider pedal input, speed and feedback from other sensors. Firmware versions from V77 above now have significant improvements to include traction control, which will automatically vary the motor power as required in conditions where there is reduced grip.
- Enhanced power save added – Dash display sleeps after 5 minutes of inactivity
- Firmware V77 now includes an enhanced power save. After 5 minutes of inactivity, the Gocycle dash display will turn off and Bluetooth module go into a sleep state. This reduces the power requirement and saves battery power. Press either the Red Power Button or Gear Shift Button on the left or right of the handlebars to exit this sleep state.
- Improved Gocycle service data logging and minor bug fixes
- Improvements to the firmware including fixes to reported bugs and improved service data logging.
The latest release of firmware (version 77) incorporates important and significant updates that improve how the electronics adapt to user riding style and road condition and further extends product service life, driving efficiency and reduces battery fatigue. Continuing to operate an earlier version of the firmware will offer less than optimal performance and may result in reduced service life, excessive noise from the motor drive system, or in extreme cases, loss of drive to the front wheel.
Action Required: Strongly Recommended Firmware Update
If your Gocycle is not already operating a firmware version of 77 or higher, we strongly recommend an upgrade at the next opportunity. The firmware can be upgraded via the GocycleConnect App, available for both Apple IOS (link to iTunes Store) or Android devices (link to Google Play Store). A firmware update takes only minutes to complete. For customers without the ability to upgrade via these means, consult the retailer from where the Gocycle was purchased. The store will be in a position to perform the upgrade on your behalf.
Can I Continue to Ride my Gocycle?
Yes. This upgrade is not mandatory, but strongly recommended to ensure that you are benefiting from the latest firmware and the Gocycle is operation at its best possible performance.