1. The warranty on components will commence from first date of registration and last for:
a) Two years for battery
b) Two years for non-wearing components
c) Three years for motor gearbox
d) Three years for frame
2. Excluded from warranty are wear and consumable items such as tires, brake pads, natural ageing and corrosion of surfaces and colours or components and any normal wear and tear.
3. Warranty will only apply with evidence of original purchase through an authorised agent and with the original owner of goods. In the case of second hand or used goods not under ownership of original owner, warranty time will be 50% of those stated in 1 a), 1 b) and 1 c) – but only on the remaining warranty duration from when the Gocycle was first registered to the original owner.
If you purchase a used Gocycle one year after it was first registered by the original owner, you can expect 6 months warranty on the battery, 6 months warranty on the components, and 1.5 years on the frame.
If you purchase a used Gocycle two years after it was first registered by the original owner, you can expect zero warranty on the battery, zero warranty on the components and 6 months on the frame.
If you purchase a used Gocycle three years after it was first registered by the original owner, you can expect zero remaining warranty.
4. All warranty claims must be authorised by Gocycle.
5. In the event of a repair required, you will be responsible for using approved shipping packaging and shipping costs for return to a Gocycle authorised dealer or Gocycle.
6. Gocycle will be responsible for shipping costs to return goods to you or to a Gocycle dealer determined by Gocycle after repair within the UK, USA, CA, and European Union only.
7. You will be responsible for all taxes and duties relating to import or export for warranty claims.
Intended Use and Specification
Gocycle is an electric bicycle developed in accordance with the requirements outlined in the City
Bicycle Standard EN 14764:2005 and the Electric Bicycle Standard EN 15194 and is intended as a
power‐assisted bicycle for sensible use by physically competent consumers.
Gocycle products have been developed and designed for commuting usage and/or simple riding in
fair weather, at speeds relevant to safe and appropriate travel in an urban or suburban environment and in accordance with KKL's published guidelines, including but not limited to information contained in technical specifications, Gocycle Owner’s Manual, Assembly and Operation Guides, service communications and media accessible from www.gocycle.com.
End User Responsibility
The end user must acknowledge and act on the advice and recommendations published by KKL,
including but not limited to information contained in technical specifications, Gocycle Owner’s
Manual, Assembly and Operation Guides, service communications and media accessible from
www.gocycle.com. The end user agrees to register with KKL through online registration at
www.gocycle.com/safety before first usage or agrees to visit www.gocycle.com/safety no less than
every three months from first usage.
Making A Warranty Claim
Warranty claims should be submitted to the business (your Gocycle dealer or Gocycle) from which you purchased your Gocycle. Proof of original purchase is required.
Claims for the following will not be valid:
1. Consumable parts where service life will vary widely depending on usage. These include batteries, tyres, inner tubes, brake pads, brake hoses, brake fluid, pedals, chain, suspension and drive components and handlebar grips. Your warranty will not cover these products unless failure has occurred due to a defect in materials or workmanship.
2. Cosmetic damage, including but not limited to scratches and dents.
3. Damage caused by use with another product.
4. Damage caused by accident, abuse, neglect, liquid contact, fire, earthquake or other external
5. Any damage, failure or loss caused by misuse or operating the Gocycle product outside Gocycle's published guidelines.
6. Damage caused by service by anyone who is not a representative of Gocycle.
7. A Gocycle product that has been modified to alter functionality or capability without the written
permission of Gocycle.
8. Defects caused by normal wear and tear including corrosion, rust, hairline cracks in paint, chips in paint, water damage, the results of fatigue. Fatigue damage is a symptom of the frame or
component being worn through normal use. It is the owner's responsibility to inspect his/her
Gocycle in accordance with responsible practice and the published recommendations outlined in the Gocycle Owner's Manual.
9. Any Gocycle if the frame number has been removed or defaced from the Gocycle product.
If you elect to repair a defective product yourself, use the services of a non‐approved service agent, or if you use a replacement part not supplied by Gocycle, Gocycle will not be liable for any damage, failure, repair costs or loss caused by the use of such unauthorised service or parts.
Gocycle will have the option to repair or replace (with new or reconditioned parts of the same or similar specification), at no charge, a defective product, or repay the amount equal to the purchase price of the product. Gocycle may elect to simultaneously replace non‐defective parts that are part of a sub‐assembly that contains the defective component. Any replaced components, parts or accessories will become the property of Gocycle. In the event Gocycle elects to replace a defective frame, a new frame of equal or greater value will be provided. The new frame may not be the exact model purchased.