From time to time you may feel that the motor is not operating as you expect. Perhaps the power feels a little lower than you are used to, or more, or it could appear to stop momentarily. Having a good sense of feel for how your Gocycle is riding is a good way of detecting when something may not be operating as it should. However, feel is subjective and will vary from rider to rider. Many factors can affect feel, such as temperature, clothing, road surface, wind, tire pressures, noise levels, gloves, shoes, pedals, rain - and mostly - how you feel on the day and at that moment! If you believe the motor power doesn't feel like it is operating as it should, there could be a fault; however, we will need to look at the actual data from the motor during that moment to be able to confirm if there is a fault or not.
Please follow the below steps before contacting us for support regarding a feeling you had during riding that perhaps the motor power was not as expected:
- If you feel the motor power not as you would expect, apply the brakes in a safe and controlled manner and come to a complete stop where and if it is safe to do so.
- If you are on the road, move away from traffic to a safe place.
- Immediately perform a log upload using the GocycleConnect app.
- Contact us and fill in the fields on the contact form.
- A member of the Gocycle Support team look at your request and log data.
- Note: our team will only focus on the last 60 seconds of data to diagnose what you are feeling. So it is important that you are able to capture the log within 60 seconds of the feeling you had.
By doing this, you will have captured log data from the Gocycle of the recent event and our team will be able to compare the actual motor data with the feeling you describe.
Sometimes there could be a fault but we may need more logs from you. Intermittent faults based on feeling are very difficult to detect, so if we ask you to continue using your product and continue to upload logs over a longer period of time, please help us and be patient so that we can fully understand and investigate for you.