The Gocycle Kickstand is designed to be operated by foot and support the bike vertically when not in use.
Your Gocycle may come with a Kickstand preinstalled.
To install the Kickstand
- Turn the Gocycle upside down so that it is resting on the saddle and handlebars.
- Locate and unscrew the rubber mounting cap and remove the nut. It maybe necessary to use a 13mm spanner to loosen the nut before removing.
- Carefully open the Kickstand legs using two hands as shown in the video and insert the plastic Kickstand plate
- Locate and orientate the Kickstand over the M8 bolt so that the legs will fold forward and follow the shape of the underside of the frame.
- Using a 13mm Spanner tighten the nut to a maximum torque of 20Nm.
The Kickstand installation is complete.
To deploy the Kickstand
- Press downwards on one of tabs on either side using your foot.
- Lift the rear of the bike to ensure the kickstand has fully deployed.
To fold the Kickstand
- Pull the bike a small distance backwards and the Kickstand legs will move forwards.
- To complete the movement, place your foot behind one of the Kickstand legs and gently lift it towards the front of the bike.
Adjusting the kickstand
Occasionally it may be necessary to adjust the Kickstand movement. This can be adjusted using the 6mm hex head bolts on the kickstand body.
- Tightening the bolts will slow the Kickstand movement and loosening the bolts will increase the speed of the movement.
- When adjusting the action of the Kickstand make incremental changes and test regularly to prevent damage to the Gocycle and Kickstand.
Do not attempt to sit on the bike when the kickstand is down. This may damage the kickstand and the Gocycle and will not be covered by warranty.