Products affected: GX and GXi frame numbers below 917463
(More languages available to download below: IT, ES, DE, FR, CZ)
What is the purpose of this important latch function safety check?
The purpose of this safety check is to ensure that the frame and handlebar fold latches are functioning and adjusted correctly.
Warning: A Gocycle with fold latches that do not pass this important safety check poses a risk of injury and must not be ridden.
When do I need to carry out this check?
· If you have not performed this TB 23 check before
· During setup of a new Gocycle via the GocycleConnect App
· During a Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI – for dealers only)
· Every 3 months as part of normal owner inspection per the Gocycle Owner’s Manual.
How do I check my fold latches are working properly?
With the black latch closed and using only one finger, press and release the red latch lock multiple times.
· The black latch should not open and the red latch lock should remain engaged and “hooked/locked” into the frame or handlebar when released.
· The red latch lock should move freely with minimum force and it should spring back fast and sharply to the fully locked position.
· The red latch lock should not stick or squeak or freeze and it should not have a slow, partially closed or delayed action.
Can I continue to ride my Gocycle GX/GXi?
If the black latch opens when pressing and releasing the red latch lock, do not ride the Gocycle, please contact Gocycle Tech Support using our contact form for assistance.
After you have completed this important safety check and confirmed that your fold latches are functioning properly, you can continue to ride your Gocycle.
You will need to recheck and adjust if required your fold latches as part of regular 3 month customer inspection and you must also replace your existing black head detent Pin with the latest specification silver head Frame Detent Pin as shown below.
You can order a free current spec Frame Detent Pin Assembly from the Gocycle website using the links below:
Discount Code "FRAMEDETENT" at checkout
For further information on adjusting and maintaining the folding latches please visit https://gocycle.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360010685697
If you have any questions regarding this technical bulletin, contact Gocycle Tech Support using our contact form